Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

By next year, AI Models could be able to “replicate and survive in the wild”

C C Offline
Anthropic CEO says that by next year, AI Models could be able to “replicate and survive in the wild”
https://futurism.com/the-byte/anthropic-...te-survive

EXCERPTS: As AI seems to grow more powerful every day, one of the main people invested in making it smarter is saying that soon, it might even become self-sustaining and self-replicating.

In a podcast interview with the New York Times' Ezra Klein, Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei discussed "responsible scaling" of the technology — and how without governance, it may start to, well, breed.

[...] When Klein asked how long it would take to get to these various threat levels, Amodei — who said he's wont to thinking "in exponentials" — said he thinks the "replicate and survive in the wild" level could be reached "anywhere from 2025 to 2028."

"I’m truly talking about the near future here. I’m not talking about 50 years away," the Anthropic CEO said. "God grant me chastity, but not now. But 'not now' doesn’t mean when I’m old and gray. I think it could be near-term."

Amodei is a serious figure in the space... [...] While AI doomsday talk is pretty par for the course these days, Amodei's insider perspective adds a lot of weight to his argument ... (MORE - missing details)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article AI models fail to reproduce human judgements about rule violations + AI empathy C C 0 78 May 10, 2023 08:38 PM
Last Post: C C
  Article Unpredictable abilities emerge from large AI models + Could GPT-4 take over world? C C 1 124 Mar 18, 2023 08:12 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  'It's able to create knowledge itself': Google unveils AI that learns on its own C C 1 304 Oct 20, 2017 05:25 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Robots may be able to lift, drive, and chat, but are they safe and trustworthy? C C 0 466 Apr 27, 2016 06:52 PM
  Will capitalism survive robo-revolution? + Singularity is near + Simulations, RE data C C 0 469 Apr 5, 2016 03:01 AM