Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More Balloons!

Yazata Offline
The US Air Force says that it is tracking an unknown high altitude balloon that entered US airspace in the northwest and is moving generally southeast. Last I heard it was over Colorado.
stryder Offline
Such balloons are likely used for ghost networks (like mobiles etc)
Magical Realist Offline
I feel so much safer that our military is keeping track of wayward balloons over the US. A definite good use for taxpayer dollars..
Yazata Offline
The Air Force is now saying that the balloon has been determined to be a "hobbyist weather balloon".
C C Offline
(Feb 24, 2024 09:10 PM)Yazata Wrote: The Air Force is now saying that the balloon has been determined to be a "hobbyist weather balloon".

Since it was also February when this started a year ago, hard to believe this is a coincidence (i.e., that there haven't been other incidents in between). Maybe the administration wanted to pre-empt anniversary criticism by demonstrating that it's not sleeping on the job, via hinting that at least one balloon for this month should receive mild public attention. Or perhaps the media of its own volition checked in to see what the military was currently watching, prodded by its cyclical nostalgia.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passenger carrying vacuum balloons that travel fast as an airliner? (UFOs from NM) C C 0 43 Jan 8, 2024 02:21 AM
Last Post: C C