Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Warning Sign?

Zinjanthropos Offline
If you’re Taylor Swift and your angry, agitated, boy toy football playing lover just roughed up his head coach, do you need to worry?

IMO…. Yep. Although I think she might have the intestinal fortitude to dump him quick at any sign of danger. I know people who have dated the Kelce type, one that flies off the handle or blame you when they’re not happy. Money shortage might make a girl stay with wealthy abusive partner but don’t think Swift has that problem. Guy needs anger management by looks of things. Surprised I haven’t heard anybody talking about how she felt about the incident.

What an a..hole! Stay clear Taylor. Too much of that crap still going on.
C C Offline
(Feb 12, 2024 06:35 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: If you’re Taylor Swift and your angry, agitated, boy toy football playing lover just roughed up his head coach, do you need to worry? [...]

I guess I missed that scene during one of the "tuning-out" intervals of the first half. I expect Taylor was always going to eventually drop him, anyway, just like all the other boyfriends in a long line. Basically part of that eternal or prolonged middle or junior high school mode she's been committed to,[1] not just with respect to songwriting and lifestyle, but ignoring the biological clock ticking at age 34.

Adoption is the virtue-symbolic route for celebrities to take nowadays, anyhoo, when they reach the late 30s and early 40s child-bearing territory for autism, schizophrenia, and other mental and physiological conditions outcomes. (Not that most of the guys have the willpower or principle to hold back their old-age damaged spermatozoans. I believe it was Anthony Quinn who sired a [final?] son in his eighties.)

https://www.today.com/news/sports/travis...rcna138354

The star tight end was captured on camera screaming at his coach during the second quarter of the Super Bowl. "I was just telling him how much I love him,” Kelce joked after the game.

[...] “He caught me off balance. I wasn’t watching. (A) cheap shot. That’s all right,” Reid said while chuckling in the postgame press conference.

“He was really coming over just to go, ‘Just put me in, I’ll score. I’ll score.’ You know, so that’s really what it was. But I love that. I mean, it’s not the first time, so, listen, I appreciate him.”

Reid also said he and Kelce share a connection that goes beyond the heated confrontation.

“Then he came over and gave me a hug and said, ‘Sorry about that,’” he told ESPN after the game. “But you know what? He just wants to be on the field and he wants to play. And, so, there’s nobody I get better than I get him. He’s a competitive kid. You know, he loves to play and he makes me feel young.”

- - - footnote - - -

[1] “I went to the same high school as Taylor Swift, we grew up in the same town,” Jessica McLane said in her TikTok video.

“In 2006, I’m a freshman in high school. Taylor is I think a junior. ‘Teardrops on my Guitar’ had just come out I think over the summer. Obviously, she got really big, and that’s the year that she left school and got homeschooled.”

[...] “Also, the guys she was writing these songs about, they were still in school. They were still there. And now they have a hit song about them talking about what a s–tty boyfriend they are,” she laughed.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/25/i-went-to-...hated-her/
Syne Offline
Women are generally attracted to dark triad traits. As long as it doesn't turn on her, the capacity for violence is actually an honest indicator of the protection side of protect and provision (two of the top mate choice drivers due to evolutionary psychology). And it's much more likely that a weaker man would become a domestic abuser, as they tend to be more insecure and have less practice controlling violent urges.
geordief Offline
(Feb 13, 2024 12:20 AM)Syne Wrote: Women are generally attracted to dark triad traits. As long as it doesn't turn on her, the capacity for violence is actually an honest indicator of the protection side of protect and provision (two of the top mate choice drivers due to evolutionary psychology). And it's much more likely that a weaker man would become a domestic abuser, as they tend to be more insecure and have less practice controlling violent urges (my bold)

That is really interesting .Do you have any references for that ?
(it rings true  but has this been well documented?)
Syne Offline
I don't know about research, per se, but did find this:

An abuser is morbidly insecure. S/he (yes, potentially she) has little sense of his/her own social value and makes an effort to gain or regain some semblance of that value through domination and control. The fear that feeds this insecurity has two fronts: fear of not being lovable, and fear of appearing weak. The paradox here is that the abuser is, in fact, weak, which is why s/he abuses in the first place — to maintain a sense of control. The perceived inconsistency on the part of the abuser by the victim is that the victim is not submitting to the abuser's domination.
- https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...ationships

A rich NFL player is not likely to be insecure or unaware of their own social value.
Magical Realist Online
Quote:That is really interesting .Do you have any references for that ?
(it rings true but has this been well documented?)

Quote:I don't know about research, per se,

Yeah...not a whole lot of scientific studies on so-called "weak" men. I wonder why? lol
Zinjanthropos Offline
From Yahoo News:
Quote: Passion” never absolves a person of acting like a bully or a brat. At 34, Kelce is a fully grown man who should have had better control of his emotions at this stage of his life, particularly knowing that the eyes of the world, more than at any other time in his career, were upon him.

Nor can his behavior be explained as a one-off; just a few months ago, he had a similar meltdown (sans coach) during the Las Vegas Raiders game. Then, one headline said that Swift had “comforted” him, which is to be expected; in the throes of early love, many red flags go unnoticed.

I like that last line. Internet full of articles on this incident, many call Kelce’s actions bullying and only a scant few condoning his actions. Many Swifties are concerned for her future well-being while with Kelce.

IMHO I think Andy Reid is making excuses for Travis’ behavior and from what I’ve been reading, a classic sign of a victim of abusive behavior downplaying an incident. Appears like Kelce has bully traits written all over him. How many professions in the world allow for an employee to manhandle their boss?

I wonder if the NFL might need to do some damage control or at least investigate. No way in this day and age can bullying being allowed in their main event without an official comment on it. Waiting for victims of bullying and possibly battered women groups to voice an opinion on what transpired or enlighten Miss Swift on potential danger.

Feels like karma about to unfold on Mr Kelce. Along with Swift possibly casting him aside, could this have cost him millions in potential earnings from endorsements.
C C Offline
(Feb 13, 2024 12:04 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: From Yahoo News:
Quote: Passion” never absolves a person of acting like a bully or a brat. At 34, Kelce is a fully grown man who should have had better control of his emotions at this stage of his life, particularly knowing that the eyes of the world, more than at any other time in his career, were upon him.

Nor can his behavior be explained as a one-off; just a few months ago, he had a similar meltdown (sans coach) during the Las Vegas Raiders game. Then, one headline said that Swift had “comforted” him, which is to be expected; in the throes of early love, many red flags go unnoticed.

I like that last line. Internet full of articles on this incident, many call Kelce’s actions bullying and only a scant few condoning his actions. Many Swifties are concerned for her future well-being while with Kelce. [...]

It's Elon Musk and Grimes all over again, sans having a child. They were a close item until her fans became alarmed and critical about her being with such a politically incorrect individual. It was either him or her career, and she's not remotely as successful as Swift, so she made the right choice.

Taylor, OTOH, is so wealthy that she could retire today. But she'll still dump Kelce because that's what she always does when the timing is right.

Maybe it's not so much that she's inherently attracted to bad boys, but that they're such an invaluable resource for songwriting material. Kelce will be listening to the radio someday, and a new single release of Swift's will be playing, and he'll gush: "Hey, that's me she's singing about! Guys, I'm the feature of a hit song! Yay!"

Which calls to mind that Alanis Morissette song "You Oughta Know", where so many of her ex-boyfriends were sort of raising their hands and each speculating that it might be about them. I recall the way she put it in an interview:

"I just think, if you’re going to take credit for a song where I’m singing about someone being a douche or an asshole, you might not want to say, 'Hey! That’s me!'"
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote: Taylor, OTOH, is so wealthy that she could retire today. But she'll still dump Kelce because that's what she always does when the timing is right.

Maybe it's not so much that she's inherently attracted to bad boys, but that they're such an invaluable resource for songwriting material. Kelce will be listening to the radio someday, and a new single release of Swift's will be playing, and he'll gush: "Hey, that's me she's singing about! Guys, I'm the feature of a hit song! Yay!"

LIKE. Her PR Dept has struck gold with that Bozo bf

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sign of the Times Zinjanthropos 3 670 Mar 9, 2019 05:46 AM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Stephen Hawking gets out the "end is near" sign again C C 12 1,355 Nov 13, 2017 09:24 PM
Last Post: Syne